Friday, March 23, 2012

"Le Hunger Games"

We will all be spectators. 
So an awesome birthday present from the country of france was one of the most anticipated movies of the year was coming out on my birthday. A whopping 48 hours before north america. So exciting! Andrew got us tickets for last night (the day after, but still before North Americans tee hee). In anticipation, we bought our tickets 2 days early and made an early dinner reservation to get a good place in line. I'm not a fan of the crick in the neck I get in front row seats and to be honest I find the previews quite amusing.

WELL, obvious fun fact of the day: The french aren't that into the hunger games. Or perhaps not that into the movie. Or maybe it was because it was one of the first nice nights in Paris, I dunno, either way, we were 20 minutes early and we were first in line. FIRST IN LINE! what nerds we were. (aka me). But no matter the external factors, I still think in the US you would find people who were probably fanatical about the first viewing.

Second interesting fact of the day: there aren't ads before the movies (I mean like before the start time). Which I find weird, but you know what else is weird? There are these little preview magazines you can pick up that talk about future shows and have ads. So people are actively seeking out this information. And nearly everyone had one when we were in line, which is good because they only let you in 5 minutes before the movie. I've gone to see other movies in Paris before and thought it was a major marketing opportunity missed, but I now realize they just do it another way. Oh parisians, so intellectual, they'd rather read about upcoming films than have them blasted in their face.

In other news, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Highly recommend it, excellent representation of the book, good casting, awesome story. A+! Andrew thought it was a bit violent, but really that's the whole premise. I thought it could have been much much worse.

No comments: