Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Birthdays in Paris

Well, yesterday was my birthday. It was a day filled with....work. blech, but the next 3 days promise to be more exciting.

Three interesting observations about birthdays here:.

1. Everyone says Congratulations!!! I seriously thought either A) people weren't talking to me or B) I forgot I was pregnant....This happened all day long. It was weird. What happened to just saying Happy birthday!?
2. Everyone asks immediately how old you are. This was also strange to me, but not entirely unexpected. My boss has asked my age no less than 5 times, so I was expecting it again. I'm not self concious or annoyed with my age, but I don't like blasting it either. So this was annoying to me.
3. Champagne is a neccesity on birthdays. This I obviously had no complaints about.

The celebrations continue this weekend with a viewing of the Hunger games tonight, drinks on friday, and dinner at mama shelter on sat! yay!

1 comment:

Natalie Corinne said...

Happy Birthday Linz :) I can't wait for you to par-tay! You deserve it.