Thursday, February 02, 2012

The Bright Side to Poland: Chopin

Hello Handsome

The bright side of my trip to Poland (other than meeting fantastic people and learning a lot, and oh right, going to Poland) was reigniting my love of Chopin. The airport there is called Frederic Chopin Intl airport. Despite his frenchie name (his father was french, mother a polack), he was born in Warsaw. Actually he spent most of his life in Paris, but Poland is taking credit for his fame. I can dig it Poland, Paris has enough claim to fame, gotta grab what you can.

I listened to a lot of Chopin in college, mainly to study. I prefer his nocturnes, preferably those in a flat key as I find them incredibly relaxing. I also find because I used to listen to him while studying it gets me in a good work mode where I really get stuff done. Which is incredibly important as I am one of the worst offenders of procrastination, no matter my good intentions. (For evidence please see: the blog you are reading, any number of social networks I am member of, the number of items of I've read on google reader, words with friends, flight control, family feud.... I could go on, but now my parents are threatening to disown me and France to export me)

For a sampling, here is one of my favorite nocturnes. How did we live before yotube?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so jealous. I have always wanted to go to Poland as my mothers maternal and paternal grandparents are from there. I'm a halfsie. It's on my bucketlist, but I will have to learn more vocab. So far I only know, "cheers", "ponytail" and "shut up"...better brush up

Alison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay C said...

Pony tail...that's an interesting one. Dare I ask how you learned it?