Thursday, February 02, 2012

L'hiver est arrivée!

So remember that post in which I said winters in Paris were mild?? Well it totally backfired and is now cold. And apparently it's 62 degrees in NYC. Go figure. BRRR

To make matters even colder, I was in Warsaw, Poland for the past 3 days. How was the city you ask? No idea, as it was -20 degrees celsius and not exactly 'go exploring' weather. However, the inside of the intercontinental was lovely. Seems like a city to go back to, although I wouldn't rush, and I certainly wouldn't suggest it in the winter.

But now that winter is here, it's time to exercise my new favorite passtime -- skiing. I've skiied off and on for years, but have really hit my stride lately. The beautiful alps help a bit :-) So far I've skiied in Christlum, Austria and Megève, France. The conditions were perfect in both, but I must say the French food on the ski hill really out does any other ski lunch I've had. Fondue for dinner, tartiflette for lunch, cheese cheese and MORE CHEESE. Sorry, Natalie, I feel like it'd be hard to survive here as a cheese hater (or a lactard for that  matter). Please enjoy the pictures below!


2 comments:

Natalie Corinne said...

amazing pictures :) So glad you're enjoying everything. You look amazing!

Ivy said...

Drool-worthy - both the snow and the food!