Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ou est l'été?

I don't know if you've heard....but in Paris, summer hasn't arrived yet. Which is SO no fair as we also barely had spring...We had a week of spring in March, 1 week in May, and the rest has been moderately clarm ( a mix of cold and warm depending on the clouds) and gray.

I have mixed feelings about this lack of summer. If I were in NY right now, it would be over 100 degrees. NO THANKS (especially as we don't have AC in Paris). I know that I'm definitely more of a cold person than a hot one (hellooo I voluntarily went to the coldest place on earth for university. I don't have the canadian passport as an excuse ha). However, the really strange externality associated with this weird weather is I have absolutely no clue as to what month it is. I really, honestly, think it's May about half of the time. And the other half of the time where I think it's July I'm freezing because I forget to wear a jacket (who wears jackets in july?). So ultimately I am in complete denial that I go on vacation in 3 weeks and am getting married in 5. WAHOOOO! I feel so ready, but so unprepared at the same time.

(Similar to not knowing what month it is, I rarely know what time it is because the sun comes at a different angle [particulary in fringe seasons]. For instance, since when is it completely bright outside at 10:30 pm or dark in the winter at 9 am? WEIRD...probably the 2nd hardest thing to get used to after this bad weather oh and not being able to speak the language. NBD)

No comments: