Sunday, July 15, 2012

I knew I liked a good curry...

Why, thank you!
Andrew has lately become an amazing Asian chef. I have bemoaned on the blog before about the lack of good Asian food in Paris (see here or here), and unfortunately, the situation has not gotten a whole lot better. Thus, we've had to take matters into our own hands. (The exception being Vietnamese food, not surprisingly, since they are a former colony of France. In fact, we've found so good of a place we saw a celebrity there -- William DeFoe!).


UPDATE: When I look at this post on November 21st I had 4 things that I was missing from NYC.

  • Mexican Food: CHECK, Yay chipotle. Also, I found a great taco stand called candelaria.
  • Sushi: still an issue.
  • Indian Food: thanks to andrew!
  • Thai Food: I'm going to give this a half cross out because we can make curries, but are still struggling with pad thai.
  • Hamburger: we have recently found at least 2 places where we like the burger. And there are more to come!

Anywho, Andrew can now successfully cook an amazing Indian Tikka Masala and Thai Yellow Curry. And not just, good, but REALLY GOOD. Like I have no desire to ever eat those two dishes out again good. I call this 'ruining' dishes for me and it happens a lot (this is not a real complaint). In addition to the two curries, I no longer like to eat ribs, salmon, or scallops out because his are DELICIOUS and far better than any I've had in a restaurant.


I digress -- the real point of this post was that I took a BBC quiz to answer 'where are you on the global fat scale' and the answer was as above - you are most like someone from thailand. I thought the answer was funny and considering I eat a lot of Asian food, very appropriate. The other thing that is funny is that it gives you local results depending on which country you are from. When I did it as I was from the US, I was 30 percentage points above than when I was from France (meaning Americans are fatter at my age than Frenchies). This is not at all surprising, but funny none-the-less. Way to be stereotypical USA!

No comments: