Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's that time of year...OSCAR TIME!


I adore the Oscars. I wouldn't necessarily say I am much of a movie buff, but something about the glitz, glamour and a competition gets me every time. (see the nods here)

France has infiltrated the Oscars this year. I haven't quite figured out whether the Oscars are very buzzworthy here, but no matter, I think the French people should be proud.  There are movies set in Paris (Hugo, Midnight in Paris)...Movies with French Actors (The Artist), etc. Film is a big industry in France and is subsidized and supported by the government. It makes sense to me, when you think about the number of foreign films you know that are french, actors that are french, etc. It really is disporportionate to other countries of similar size. Well done france!

No comments: