Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Love affair with Scrubs

Me: Hi, My name is Lindsay and I'm addicted to the show Scrubs. Everyone: Hi Lindsay.

Okay, so I think I have a problem--I'm addicted and thoroughly obsessed with Scrubs. What's that you say? . . . Scrubs is like on it's 6th season where have you been? . . .There's plenty of other better, NEWER, TV to blog about? . . . Zach Braff really sucked a big one in that last movie? You're right, you're right, but unfortunately a) I was never introduced to the awesomeness that is Scrubs in the earlier seasons b) yes there is better, newer TV on but may I remind you I HAVE AN ADDICTION and c) actually zach braff was likeable in the last movie, but the script was horrible [not his fault--I'm sort of ignoring it and just concentrating on Garden State]. Lucky for me, between comedy central and my DVR I happily watch nearly 2 episodes a day. You see? I do have a problem.

In addition to the actual 'viewing' of Scrubs taking over my life, I've started thinking that the characters are my friends. [I probably am going to get hell for admitting that, but what can you do.] I have on more than 1 occasion had to stop myself before referring to the show in a conversation with real people. . examples: "Well J.D. did this once. . ." or "that's so something Elliott would say. .. " I've even for a split second considered becoming a doctor minus the whole blood thing [which if you know me is SO out of the question because I have a horrible fear of needles, blood, and pretty much anything about hospitals].

So I guess this is my first step--admitting the problem. I think Comedy Central is on season 3 or 4 so maybe this will be over soon. However, I hear the new season of Scrubs is approaching so basically I'm screwed. I mean, once a week is better than twice a day, right????

No comments: