Thursday, November 09, 2006

Let's chat. . .

So the last couple days have been pretty dramatic:

a) the election. I don't consider myself an overly political person [or even mildly] however, this election has been close to my heart since the gay marriage amendment was up for vote in Tennessee. I was a good little Nashvillian who knew my vote would be wasted in NYC so I got my absentee ballot in the hopes that maybe my vote would make a difference. But as per usual, TN ruins everything [umm do I even have to mention that Gore didn't win his home state back in 2000? yeah I tried to forget that too]. It really amazes me how many people even care about gay people getting married. If someone in your opinion is going to hell by their lifestyle WHY DO YOU CARE? It's just more room for you in heaven. In addition, Ford didn't win in the senate [another time we're ruining everything] so basically this is why I hate politics. As per a previous post, I'm a competitive person and I like to win and these days it's just not in my cards.

b) Britney Spears is getting divorced. That's one big "I told you so." Poor gal. I really do feel sorry for now that she's a Divorcee with two kids in tow. Granted she has more money than I will ever see in a lifetime, but I feel like she went through a lapse of judgement for two years and because she was a celebrity we all get to gawk and laugh at her. We all have lapses in judgement, but fortunately [errr] for us we aren't under a microscope. Oh well, at least she's showering again.

C) So Lost was on last night for the last time until February 7. Yes, you heard me correctly 02-07-07. Who does that? 6 episodes and then nothing for 3 months. It's like waving the little bit of cheese in front of my face and then BANG mouse trap SUCKA. DAMN YOU JJ ABRAMS!Anyways, I feel like it wasn't nearly enough of the show to fill the Lost void that exists in my heart. It ended with too many questions, too much drama and a little bit of "what are you thinking" that makes me angry that I have to wait 3 months. And it's not like a season finale which I have become forced to accept every year--that my shows end in May and that I switch to DVDs in the summer. No No NO, I waited 4 long months in the summer for Lost to return. Then I waited til October [after everything else had already premiered] and NOW you're making me wait til February? The producers obviously don't respect my TV watching time. Fall/Winter/Spring = Good TV and Good TV = Lost. I may just not watch the show when it returns [you're right, I will, who am I kidding?] But seriously, they shouldn't take us for granted. P.S. I heart Kate's ex-husband. Firefly is amazing.

No comments: