Thursday, July 20, 2006

Madonna: We are not worthy

About two weeks ago, I saw Madonna in concert. Other than the fact that she is the tiniest person I've ever seen [she was far away, but she basically looked like a 10 year old dancing provocatively on stage] she is also incredibly cool. I couldn't stop talking about how everything she did made my mouth drop halfway down my body. She was break dancing, flying down on disco balls [although, I heard on the subway that she didn't actually get on the disco ball until it landed on the ground. I was pretty disappointed, similar to when I heard there was no Santa Claus] and dancing around like a 21 year old in a night club. She also was surprisingly on key, which I hear in the past has been a problem.

In addition, I am still in awe that she is turning 50 soon. I'm pretty sure she has more energy than my 23 year old body and my 12 week old cat put together [my kitty has been particularly rambunxious lately]. Maybe she's a robot, I think that's the only thing that could explain it. [The tabloids claim it's Yoga, but that's not convincing enough for me. I'm thinking robot, or alien, definitely.]

Either way, it all comes down to how much cooler she is than the rest of us. And that's just something we're going to have to live with.

No comments: