Monday, July 23, 2012

Le tour de France!

and they're off!
Yesterday was the first beautiful day we've had in a while and I would call it the offical start of summer in Paris (only a month late! The parisian mother nature has a sick sense of humor). It also marked the final day of the Le Tour De France. I've never been a huge tour fan (except during the 'roids debacles...who could honestly ignore that train wreck?), but man oh man for the 5 seconds those cyclers go by I was hooked! In all honesty it was quite exhilerating at the time and with all the people around it's worth it -- but really, Le Tour is probably the worst Live spectator sport event in history and I wouldn't make a special trip to see it unless there was a wicked party attached. (Okay, hear me out, it's like watching a marathon, but worse...I mean they zoom by and then that's it. Luckily for us, they did 8 laps, but I can't imagine being in a small town in France and you see them for 2.4 seconds and then go on your merry way. Talk about anti-climatic! I think watching on TV would probably have more sports appeal...or if you're on a nice balcony somewhere with a Mimosa.)

Anywho, I especially like my pic of the winner (or as I like to call him "not Lance Armstrong"). Well done Wiggins! (I really do think that's his name)

No comments: