Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Food trucks in Paris


Food Trucks -- a California & NYC phenomenon -- have taken Paris by storm and the NY Times told the tale on Monday.

To be honest, the NY Times is a little behind the 'times'. Food trucks were like "so last january's news" haha...I don't have much to say about these food trucks because the one time I went to the burger one the line was over an hour and a half long. There is only one burger I would wait 1.5 hours for and that burger is in NY, in a beautiful park (I MISS YOU SHAKE SHACK!!). Anyways, apparently it was a big pain in the ass to bring food trucks to Paris and the 'naysayers' said over and over again how it woudln't work in paris for so many reasons, but now it's doing really well. I think the food trucks are more proof that the food scene in NY and Paris are converging...so basically, my theory is that anything that works in NY is going to work in paris and vice-versa (Update: chipotle is getting rave reviews). So let's just stop saying 'things won't work in Paris', shall we?

Anywho, two other comments about this article. 1) Apparently all the kids these days are using the term 'Tres Brooklyn.' I don't know what it means, but I love it. (the article says it means creative food or something...I'll take it to mean cool. This term is totally going into my vocabulary and I'm sure Andrew is going to want to kill me by the end of the week yipeee). And 2) My friend is mentioned in the article!  He's Tres Brooklyn and the hip NY transplant chef, now working at one of my favorite restaurants L'office.

(As a tangent that is totally unrelated to Food trucks in Paris -- another one of my friends was in the NY Times this week, but in the wedding section. Congrats Debbie and Seth! As my dad said... "For all the years I've been reading the NY Times wedding announcements I've never known someone in them. I'm very impressed." Me too! Well done Debbie & Seth!)

3 comments:

susie said...

that's so cool that deb was in the NY Times!

Aspiring Kennedy said...

I will have to go in search of these food trucks in Paris! Parisians are all about eating food while on the go, so it only makes sense that food trucks would be a success. Chipolte is proving that everyone loves ethically-grown tex-mex!

Unknown said...

I love a food truck. They are booming in Nashville...and I couldn't be happier.