Monday, September 12, 2011

Paris Vs New York

One of my favorite blogs is ParisVsNYC, as described on the site it's a "friendly visual match of two cities told by a lover of wandering through New York." The visual matchups are not only visually appealing, but darn clever as well.

I don't pretend to be remotely as clever and I am surely not as artistic, however, I did have a Paris vs. New York observation the other day while wandering around Paris. I present for your amusement the movie poster for the newest Justin Timerlake and Mila Kunis ensemble film "Friends with benefits," otherwise known en francais as SexeEntreAmis...or Sex Between Friends. Apparently, the French are not ones for euphemism. (as a side note, I may be showing my ignorance here but I always thought it was euphenism. WHOOPS, sorry dad)

Also, as Elena pointed out, please notice the hand gesture in the Paris poster. SUBTLE France, SUBTLE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Euphenism?? I don't know where you ever got that idea.

I am enjoying your blogging. Madame Begley, the French teacher at SCA, is reading your blogs and also has her students reading as well. She hopes you will be able to meet her and your other fans when they get to Paris in January.
You're a star. Of course, I already knew that.

Lindsay C said...

I know, I can't tell if I actually thought it was euphenism or just spelled it wrong. At this point, we'll never know.

Glad that you're enjoying the blog :-) Would be happy to meet them in Jan.