Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Millward Brown Loses by Out-scoring the opponent 25-8!!

I must have jinxed my team. . . The e-mail below is from our team manager who has the unfortunate job having to converse with Jean. I think it's self-explantory and this is proof how Jean has an IQ of a baby's pinky finger.

Dearest Happy Hour,

Lindsay is going to have to revise her blog because contrary to popular belief, we did not win last night's game. While there may have been two teams, an ump, and half a field, Jean just called to inform me that because we had three forfeits during the season, we are kicked out of the league. Therefore, although she failed to mention this to either team or the umpire, last night's game never should have happened and we lose. Because Jean is a lover and not a fighter, she wanted to make it up to us by scheduling a double-header scrimmage on Saturday, but by that point, there was some yelling going on on my end (Toni can attest to this) and Jean and I parted ways forever on less than favorable terms. I would like to thank all of you for your enthusiastic participation in the worst softball league in the world, and I would also like to congratulate you for going out in style. Anyone can lose, but it losing a game while scoring 24 runs to the other team's 8 takes true talent that I think speaks to us both as a team and a company.

Sincerely,

Hillary

P.S. Please direct all complaints to Jean at 718.544.7436. I encourage you to use this number not just for softball issues. If you want to talk about suppressed childhood memories, call this number. If you're into missionary work, call this number. If you meet someone at a bar and they ask for your number, use this one. If you know any telemarketers, make sure they have it. You get the point
.

No comments: